Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi feels comfortable in return to right tackle
(07-09-2018, 11:18 AM)Au165 Wrote: Did you ask me a question and deliver an answer? You obviously have your mind made up which is fine, but I'd guess you know little to nothing about offensive line technique to explain why someone is bad. 

You keep referencing strength yet you just pointed to two bad players one with great strength and one you claim lacks strength. If your idea of strength was a big deal how can both be bad? Maybe it has something to do with the poor technique both had inside the scheme they were asked to operate in? How do you convert "lousy training room strength" to " on field Hercules" as Whitworth did? That would be through proper technique.

Now maybe you ask, "Well if the technique was bad why did Whitworth succeed"? That answer falls into my whole point, different people excel at different schemes and techniques. If you take a press man corner and ask them to play off zone they may struggle, if you ask a D Lineman speed rusher to be a power rusher he may struggle, if I ask a one cut HB to play in a power scheme he may struggle. My whole point is people like to simply say lineman suck, or are too weak, when in fact they just don't know about the techniques they use to even begin to determine why someone is bad. 

With all this said Ced may still be bad, but I trust the guy who has coached a plethora of All Pro lineman over people who couldn't tell you the difference between Zone, Gap and Man blocking schemes. If at the end of the day they Ced gives us the best chance to win then I'll throw my faith behind him. 

This.  He won't be out there if he can't do the job.  If he is out there, it means he won the job and deserves the spot.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ogbuehi feels comfortable in return to right tackle - McC - 07-09-2018, 11:32 AM