Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Seen This TJ interview?
(07-11-2018, 03:00 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why wouldn't they put their names or initials on the jock straps.  Problem solved. 

Like I keep saying, TJ can't handle not being in the spotlight so he gossips like a 13 year old girl.

I agree that they're not paid like janitors and should be able to afford things, but let's not forget that they're taxed at 40 or 50%, so why it's hard to feel bad for them, a player with a million dollar contract isn't taking home a million after taxes, his agent's cut, and then I'm sure there's other league fees or player's organization fees.

Well , ya know. If a player can afford to buy a new Lamboghini they can probably afford a jock strap. If they can't buy their own jock strap they probably shouldn't be in the new sports car market.. 
Any mechanics or carpenters out there who don't own their own tools of the trade? I don't know any. I've worked in a lot of shops where if you don't have your own tools you don't have a job. It's that simple. 
Are professional athletes so above the rest of the working classes they shouldn't have to invest in themselves beyond their college education? I don't think so. When I was in the auto body business nobody bought my tools for me. I personally invested in my own tools and didn't earn much money until I did. Why should athletes be any different ?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody Seen This TJ interview? - 3wt - 07-10-2018, 05:30 PM
RE: Anybody Seen This TJ interview? - grampahol - 07-11-2018, 08:15 AM
RE: Anybody Seen This TJ interview? - jj22 - 07-12-2018, 10:29 PM
RE: Anybody Seen This TJ interview? - J24 - 07-12-2018, 10:51 PM