Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will Bell Give 100% On The Tag?
(07-16-2018, 05:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He did last year.  He's going to want a contract from someone, and dogging it won't get him there.

(07-19-2018, 10:03 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I don't think you understand the concept of 'incentive'.  See michaelsean's post above for a primer.  

Given that he'll be trying to earn a contract from a new team, one could argue that Bell's quest to market himself would increase his effort.  The Steelers might be better off in 2018 with respect to him than they would have been had they settled on a long term contract.  People generally fight harder to get something than they do if they already have it.  Granted, it's only for one year, but it could be an awesome year. 

You're both insane.

You don't think his on-field production has spoken for itself.

What incentive does he have?  Do you think if he says "I was scared of injury, so I didn't give 100%," teams are going to go running for the hills and avoid signing him?

He's one of the best backs of all-time, and every team knows that, or do you think they've all just ignored his play up until this season and will focus on his performance this year?

Bell holds the cards here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Will Bell Give 100% On The Tag? - BFritz21 - 07-16-2018, 05:44 PM
RE: Will Bell Give 100% On The Tag? - BFritz21 - 07-19-2018, 03:46 PM
RE: Will Bell Give 100% On The Tag? - McC - 07-25-2018, 08:20 AM