Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rushing attack-How important?
(07-19-2018, 08:36 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is always a chicken and the egg type thing to me. Teams that are generally winning games run more because they are trying to keep the clock moving. Teams that are trailing in games tend to have to throw more to catch up. One could argue that the amount of running isn't a predictor of success, but rather a product of success.Dave Lapham always used to throw out some stat about rushing attempts and the Bengals winning trying to associate it with causation, but again if the team is rushing that much it is because they most likely have a lead. It used to drive me nuts!

As to the question, you have to be able to run at least at an average clip to win.

I know what you mean BUT...
it seems some teams attitude is,
 they ARE GOING to run the ball a lot PERIOD ....!!!!
use to seem that was more of an NFC thing, but any team can use that as their formula to success.....stealers have done that several years...
as in step #1 RUN THE BALL....short passes over the middle to the TE.....wear down the "D"...
the game may end up 21-17, but as long as they win, they don't mind a low scoring game....control the clock...

but it seems the Bengals don't do that....they're more wide open, dare I say finesse.....
pass more to the WR's.…..& maybe our O-lines have suffered b/c of this....???
look at how many times we'd have a 3rd & 2-3 yards & we'd pass....SMH.....kind of aggravating....that's how Dalton broke his thumb....
maybe....this year we'll go back to that style a little more.......try to get Mixon going early in every game.....ALOT of touches......get 3-4-5 yards per carry........I know we have to mix in some passes....we have excellent WR's but.....don't be afraid to run the ball....especially on 1st or 2nd down....
 if it's goal to go from the 3-4 yard line maybe don't get cute....just run it straight ahead....
that's IF we have the horses than can do it.....we'll find out pretty soon....pre-season is just a few weeks away...
if we can't do that then we shouldn't be in the play-offs...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Rushing attack-How important? - SHRacerX - 07-19-2018, 08:29 AM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Au165 - 07-19-2018, 08:36 AM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Steve - 07-20-2018, 10:50 PM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Au165 - 07-20-2018, 08:37 AM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Au165 - 07-20-2018, 09:19 AM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - 3wt - 07-20-2018, 02:32 PM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Steve - 07-20-2018, 10:37 PM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Synric - 07-19-2018, 10:33 PM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - 3wt - 07-20-2018, 02:37 PM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - 3wt - 07-20-2018, 09:14 PM