Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rushing attack-How important?
(07-23-2018, 08:19 AM)bengaloo Wrote: We need to be able to run the ball better. I feel like we havent even been able to run the clock down to protect a lead effectively since Rudi. When our offense lets up at all, teams stop us and get back in the game. Our run blocking has been really bad for quite some time, but I think a change in blocking philosophy is what is needed and we have it. Like Icky said, under PA we used to step back and 'catch' run defenders instead of going out to hit them and knock them back. I think we are gonna see a really big difference this year. Those two playing styles are very different.

I don't find it to be a coincidence that the last time we were able to run the clock was when we had a good Center.

Look who we have now, the best run blocking Center in the Draft. Rudi wasn't near the talent of either Mixon or Gio either.

(07-23-2018, 08:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I sure hope so.

It can't hurt that the likes of pitt, Baltimore, etc haven't seen this kind of offense from us, either.

It is commonly dismissed under the heading of "they are professionals", but human nature of being aggressive vs. passive...it is just bound to get more out of our players.  I feel a little (very little) bit bad for Bodine as he didn't really get a shot with this offensive line coach and a full offseason to learn Lazor's offense, but I am excited about the guys we have in here to start some nastiness across the offensive line. 

Billy Price looks like a bowling ball with arms (and not because he is bald).  The guy was one of the strongest linemen (all positions on the line) in the draft, and he is a vocal leader with a case of the red ass.  Glenn is certainly a massive man.  Like Lapham said:  "It will be like running around a condominium".  Boling might be better than we thought, as evidenced somewhat by his play at LT with a solid LG at his side.  Maybe Bodine and Og hurt Boling's ability to play his best and focus on his man/zone.  I am VERY excited at the thought of having Westerman and Redmond side by side at RG and RT.  I know Redmond hasn't been mentioned with the RT competition other than to say the competition is there for every spot.  I just have a feeling the guy is going to get a shot after we see very little from Fish, Og, and Hart.

If you think the play of Boling will improve based on the talent around him, just wait until we see what our RBs can do when they aren't having to make a guy miss two yards in the backfield.  

Definately need to give Redmond a shot at RT with his size, length and mauling style.

My only question is his pass protection.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Rushing attack-How important? - SHRacerX - 07-19-2018, 08:29 AM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Au165 - 07-19-2018, 08:36 AM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Steve - 07-20-2018, 10:50 PM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Au165 - 07-20-2018, 08:37 AM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Au165 - 07-20-2018, 09:19 AM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - 3wt - 07-20-2018, 02:32 PM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Steve - 07-20-2018, 10:37 PM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Synric - 07-19-2018, 10:33 PM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - 3wt - 07-20-2018, 02:37 PM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - 3wt - 07-20-2018, 09:14 PM
RE: Rushing attack-How important? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-23-2018, 01:50 PM