Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(07-24-2018, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm currently satisfied with what happened in the offseason (mostly) and I believe the team is headed in the right direction. I could see a winning season again, perhaps a playoff berth. I don't have confidence this team could go deep in the playoffs yet. I think they are still one season away and next offseason will be very important to solidify the right side of the OL and maybe add another quality WR, LB, and DL to account for departing old veterans LaFell, MJ, and VRey. This is also assuming the Bengals are able to retain both Atkins and Dunlap. I also think at least one TE will be drafted given Eifert, Kroft, and Uzomah all hit FA next year.

Best-case scenario (for me at least) is the incumbents this year make good enough strides to not have to worry about the right side of the OL or WRs so the team can focus on TE and defense early in the draft and/or in FA.

I'm excited to see the growth this team goes through not only in TC but also through the whole year.

Great post Ocho. Agree with pretty much everything you said. Need to extend both Geno and Dunlap then i think we
are about a year away from truly being that contender. It will take some time for our new pieces to really become that
dominant force we need, but it has been a very good Offseason and one heck of a start.

I expect us to do well this year, but to think we will win in the Postseason just isn't something i can think can happen
with Marv knowing his impeccable record lol

Will have to see it before i can believe it, but with a good running game it is definately possible.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-24-2018, 02:52 PM