Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(07-25-2018, 12:47 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: All of this is true, but if I may, I’d like to play devils advocate. Conversely off of the top of my head, I can think of two games, against the Colts and the final game of the season versus Baltimore, that there can be a strong argument the bengals should have lost. That being said, you are what your record says you are in the NFL.

Everyone talks about these changes, and don’t get me wrong, I too think they are positive. But shouldn’t there be some concern that even if some or all of the new additions to the roster pan out there could be some growing pains? Especially if both playbooks are overhauled and ‘completely different’ as has been indicated since minicamp?

I guess you could say I’m a tad snake bitten at this point. Again, don’t get me wrong, I’m super excited for the season and I think the roster has a ton of potential. I just see a lot of things that have to go right in order for them to realize their full potential. I really hope everything falls into place and it turns into a special season, but I fear that some of the changes will not pan out or existing problems will remain the same and it will hold this team back. Which ones? Who knows, only time will tell.

I want to be wrong.

You're not alone. The O line was pretty bad in 2016 too when it a had a top LT and a pretty good RG. Now we're banking on it being improved with a top LT and a good college C... New scheme too I guess.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - jason - 07-25-2018, 01:21 PM