Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(07-27-2018, 08:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I think folks like to hate on Dre, because he's never lived up to his "swag" nickname coming from 'Bama.  He's an average CB, that is all.  He's had some good games, but overall nothing special in his body of work in the NFL.

Look at him this way.  Of good Bengal CBs of the past 10-15 years, who is he better than?  Jonathan Joseph, nope.  Leon Hall, nope.  Adam Jones, nope.  Deltha O'neal, nope.  William Jackson, nope.  Darquez Dennard, nope.  There are probably another couple that I'm forgetting about, but you can clearly see the point I'm aiming at, right?

I get that, and though I don't think  Dre is as bad as he's made out to be.... (how many times have we seen him bust it from the other side of the field to save a touchdown) , that's really not the point. Even if one believed he's an average corner, hating on him because of AJ making catches on him in non-contact first week training camp, where the main goal is not to get anyone like AJ hurt is, simply, ridiculous. There is plenty to criticize people about, this isn't one of them. Again, I try to be fair to the players and coaches and owner. There's enough to legitimately complain about without making stuff up.....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Sled21 - 07-28-2018, 08:46 AM