Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(07-28-2018, 08:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I get that, and though I don't think  Dre is as bad as he's made out to be.... (how many times have we seen him bust it from the other side of the field to save a touchdown) , that's really not the point. Even if one believed he's an average corner, hating on him because of AJ making catches on him in non-contact first week training camp, where the main goal is not to get anyone like AJ hurt is, simply, ridiculous. There is plenty to criticize people about, this isn't one of them. Again, I try to be fair to the players and coaches and owner. There's enough to legitimately complain about without making stuff up.....

I never said a word about him giving up catches to AJ Green in practice.  Green is a superstar, he makes pro bowl corners look average in live games.  I'm speaking more to Dre's complete body of work.  Like I said, he's had some good games, but he also makes enough head scratching plays to raise the question of his consistency.

Perhaps new DC Austin will scheme the secondary to maximize Dre's strengths, rather than leaving him vulnerable to getting beat?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SunsetBengal - 07-28-2018, 09:10 AM