Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(07-30-2018, 04:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love our fans that root for our players, all of them even those who have not lived up to their draft position or disappointed us in the past.

We all know the OL was the major reason for our demise in 2018, so let's hope and pray our new OL coach and OC can get this unit playing great regardless of the unit on the field.

I love it when our DL like Dunlap talk about the OL seems meaner in camp. Let's hope that nastiness carries over to the games that count.

I may not sound like it sometimes, but I do hope all of the players do well, as how else will the team ever make it to the SB again.

I hoped Ross would have had a great rookie year even though I would have not made that pick and was very much against it. I hope he has a great sophomore year.

But, I'm not going to pretend like they've done great until they actually do as the season goes on when it counts. I've been faked out by too much hype over some players before. I'm sure we all have a list of players we expected to do a lot more than they did.

If you look at it like this: Ogbuehi was an absolute negative for his 1st three years and Ross was for his 1st year, but if the team can get these two guys to live up to half their hype or, better yet 75%, then they'll be like adding two decent players at positions which were holes last year.

Both of these guys happen to be examples of drafting injured players high and I'll continue to be against that draft practice. If the team would have drafted a player ready to play 3 years ago instead of Ogbuehi they would have gotten 3 years of production at a position. That's worth a lot more that drafting a guy and taking years to develop him. This is not a knock on the players themselves, but rather it's a knock on the Bengals front office.

I hope the front office gets better and works out how to sign Geno and Carlos and Dennard. I don't like seeing our best players go elsewhere.

As for Mike Brown, well, he's a lost cause.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalChris - 07-31-2018, 11:36 AM