Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(07-31-2018, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tons of great players come out of college injured.  I have no problem with taking a guy who may be limited his rookie year.  But it should never be anything that takes multiple years to recover.  Og was not a bust because of an injury issue, and if Ross is 100% it was not a huge loss.  Only a little more than half of last years first round picks (18) started more than 8 games.  I know a lot of those non-starters contributed a lot more than Ross, but there are fewer huge impact rookies than people think.  

If you never take injured players then you miss out on guys like Deshaun Watson, Leonard Fournette, and Anthony Munoz.

I agree there are fewer impact rookies than a lot people think. I always was led to believe that for most players, its their 3rd year where it all begins to click. The way I see it, good consistent production before that general time is just an added bonus in my mind. There are more and more impact rookies in more recent years it seems, but by-in-large most players take 2-3 years to see if they are actual busts or not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - bengaloo - 07-31-2018, 12:58 PM