Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(08-04-2018, 10:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just being a realist, excusing a center for bad snaps under center or in shotgun for any reason will not fix the issues. As I stated, he needs to fix it quickly and by regular season. The snap is basic football 101, we can't turn the ball over due to bad snaps and expect to win games and get back to the playoffs.

I loved the pick, I think he can be a great asset, but I won't dismiss his weaknesses because he is a rookie or played more in shotgun of late. He is also get blown up by both Billings and Geno early, so a lot of work needed prior to game one. He has a load of potential, but potential is just that so he needs to prove he can take the potential and dominate in the NFL. I think he will, but I also think he will have some hiccups his rookie year.

Again, if you just thought Price would go from only doing Shotgun snaps to a seamless transition to snaps
under Center you sure were expecting a lot. He will get it down and don't even start to compare him with
Bodine. He had a free ride here with no competition and years to get better.

You seem like you are not even giving Price the start of Training Camp.

He is still a rookie, i gave Bodine a pass for being a rookie, i will do the same with Price.

BTW, happy hearing about my boy Billings blowing O-lineman up.

(08-04-2018, 11:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not worried about Price at all.  He will have it down by the first preseason game.  And as far as Geno blowing him up on a play?  Good.  He never experienced a guy that size with that kind of power from down low in college.  The only place he will see it in the NFL is if he lines up against Aaron Donald (Super Bowl?) but it is very good practice for him to not underestimate the strength of a shorter guy like Geno.

Price is exactly what we needed at the center position, and he was probably the strongest overall linemen in the draft.  He has the attitude and skills we need to FINALLY get a rushing attack.  

I am MUCH more worried about the RT position.  The only highlight I saw of Fisher would have been flagged for holding.  I hope Redmond gets a real good look here.  

Geno is just so strong, he is stronger than Aaron Donald. Couldn't go against a better DT to get Price ready.

On Redmond, just wondering if he can move quick enough in pass protection. I too was wanting to see him get a
shot there with his length and power. Actually saw Og make a nice block on Dunlap and i honestly do not care who
it is at RT as long as it is the best we have.

(08-04-2018, 11:20 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If he starts doing things like this, I'll start to be concerned:

[Image: nosnap.0.gif]

Is this the Center they didn't replace with Ragnow and then put Ragnow at RG?

(08-04-2018, 11:21 AM)redwood Wrote: The Animals were at TIMES outstanding, other times a bit annoying.  
that said..... ' Rising Sun " was a game changer. Many of y'all were not around in the mid 60's but  it was a beginning  of a golden age of Rock music  and  people were getting an acoustic guitar and learning ' The House Of the Rising Sun".  Music mainly had been happy love songs aimed at 15 yr olds. they got older.. and wanted deeper stuff.    Back then.... THIS was deep, intense.

Yes, i think their main vid of HOTRS was on the Lawrence Welk Show and they had to wear suits.

You could see them smirking the entire song, it was blatant rebel.

The Animals were definately not "I want to hold your hand" Beatles at the time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-04-2018, 02:42 PM