Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(08-04-2018, 06:24 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: I would like someone that has been to practice tell me how the line looked where did Redmon and Westerman play, did Redmond get a chance at tackle? In an article I read  had Westerman and Fisher playing the right side, that was the ones.  Someone help me out.

I wasn't there but all i have heard is that Redmond is exclusively playing RG so far lined up next to Fisher.

Westerman has been playing RG but not as much, i think they are taking it slowly with him after the illness.

This is just what i heard, haven't been able to really watch the Line much in the vids, but it does look more aggressive.

(08-04-2018, 07:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: A few things:

1-usually problems between center and QB is a psychological issue rather than a mechanical issue. Usually means the game is moving too fast and Price has his attention on a broader scale.  There are psychological tests that Sport Psychologist use (I being one) to measure how well an athlete can shift his or her attention from broad-global view to narrow-specific (detail) view.  If this problem persists, it means that Price psychologically has issues shifting his attention and awareness.  There are some attention-concentration techniques that can be used to help this issue.  Experience will slow the game down some.  Do not be surprised if this is ongoing issue for the rookie year.  

2-If Price cannot fix this, then the logical next step would to move him to RG.  

3-I am hearing the Hopkins and Hart have been starting RG and RT respectively.  If this holds up for the season I will be disappointed that Westerman has not panned out over three years.  I said in another thread not to count out Hart at RT.

4-I'm still have hopes that Fisher and OG can contribute meaningfully.  But I now have doubts that either will be with the team down the road.

We need you at PBS Psych. Mellow

ASAP!

(08-05-2018, 09:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Price only played C in 12 games in college and snapped exclusively out of shotgun. He’s inexperienced. He also wasn’t going to be able to participate in OTAs due to recovery from injury. This was all known before he set foot into PBS. If the Bengals really wanted a C who would hit the ground running, they should have found a way to get Ragnow, but that’s in the past. We just have to hope the snap issues get figured out over the next 5 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on Ocho, would i have taken Ragnow over Price? Yes, for these very reasons but that is spilt milk.

Price has a bigger upside with his run blocking prowess so i still love the pick. It will take some time.

Always thought it would, this is honestly a bit expected, atleast from me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-05-2018, 02:43 PM