Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(08-05-2018, 08:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I think so to ! And I'm not saying he's a long term project, not at all. But to go from college to the pros and in just a couple weeks to have it 100% nailed it is expecting a little much. It's like going from T-ball to facing live pitching, it takes some reps.

Price will be just fine come regular season I do believe. And if not he can play guard and transition to C down the road.

True, i think Price might have some fumbles in the Preseason while he is learning to snap to different QB's.

He wasn't going to be perfect immediately and as you say is expecting a little much after never snapping under Center before.

Billy will get it down, just has to get his mind right and repeat the snaps the exact same way everytime.

(08-06-2018, 12:00 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't understand how you can say Westerman or Redmond are better than Hopkins when they have played only what 2 games .Also Hopkins improved at the end of last season and one of his strengths is his versatility in playing other positions.

I don't understand how you can watch Hopkins and Westerman and Redmond and not see who is clearly better...

(08-06-2018, 12:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This could be because Glasgow doesn't really have a shot at success at any other position in the NFL other than C whereas Ragnow was expected to be a solid-to-studly NFL player at both OG and C.

Yeah and Ragnow can even play RT with his length and size. Extremely versatile player. Wanted this guy in stripes.

Same with Wynn. Nothing against our boy Price.

(08-06-2018, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I asked Jim O about Redmond playing RT and he said they wanted him 100% focused on RG for now.

Cool Fred, thanks for the info. That will be quite a fight between him and Westerman i believe.

I like Hopkins as a versatile backup.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-06-2018, 02:56 PM