Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(08-06-2018, 04:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Easy to say until you get to game one and it's a struggle still. I'd be adding some pistol as a back up option. You can run a lot of the same concepts from pistol but the snap is closer to a shotgun snap in terms of mechanics. I hope it's all alleviated by week 1, but if you get to week 1 and it's not what's your back up plan? Run solely out of shotgun? That's cool but it changes a lot of the run concepts. I am someone who likes to have a back up plan.

I'd be interested to see this offense run a pro-style spread offense, with a bit more of an up tempo to it. Obviously it wouldnt be like a college spread where Andy would be doing a lot of rushes. But Gio and Mixon would get their typical amount of rushes in from it, so still balanced between pass and run. Andy was superb in college running the spread at TCU, so it could be possible.

I dont know, I have felt since day 1 with Andy that plugging him into a west coast, under center offense limited him more than anything. Even though he has grown to have success in it, I still think his potential is harder to reach in the current system as opposed to a nfl spread/shotgun system. However I will admit a team needs a good line before running that kind of system as well.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Millhouse - 08-06-2018, 05:07 PM