Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(08-07-2018, 01:03 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Dalton is well behind Anderson and Boomer and Cook for that matter. Dalton simply folds under pressure despite stats he can generate.

Okay one thing, those other three QBs did not have to deal with Mike Brown and his poor decisions.  Back in the day, Paul Brown valued interior linemen, especially O-Line.  O-Line can make QB look good.  

Out of those 4?  I don't know.  Cook was probably the most talented QB the Bengals ever had but unrealized, so sad.
Boomer had his moments when he was so full of Adrenalin that he would overthrow people by 10 yards.  But He did win playoff games.  
I would say Anderson was unassuming, humble and had the skills to throw darts short to medium routes like some of the best in the game.  But Anderson would wilt like a flower at today's defense players.  Hell, I worried that Anderson was going to get killed back in the day.

Dalton has playoff monkey on his back.  But he has the arm to throw deep (maybe not always accurate) with an O Line that has been lower than average under the Paul Alexander.  Hell, it seemed like coaches didn't care that Palmer was getting killed in some games because of the poor O-Line.  

I think in terms of numbers, Dalton can put up some impressive stats this year with this WR group.  I don't know if it means a playoff win though.   At this moment I would have to give the edge to Boomer.   

A QB is measured by playoff wins and championships.  Simple as that.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - psychdoctor - 08-07-2018, 01:21 AM