Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(08-07-2018, 12:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s a bold statement. Anderson was a little before my time, but Boomer was an MVP and took his team to a Super Bowl.

Do most people even put Dalton ahead of Palmer at this point? I would certainly take Palmer in his prime over Dalton, even if the latter goes on to have all the team records and a better career overall.

Not hating btw, just curious what people’s honest opinions are.

Outside of the fact both Kenny and Boomer took their teams to the Super Bowl, you have to remember they had pretty good teams to take. Remember, it is a team sport. (I mean, c'mon, look at some of the winning Super Bowl QB's who were average at best but their teams carried them there) So let's look at the QB numbers.

Years played:
Kenny Anderson- 15
Boomer Esiason- 13
Andy Dalton- 6

Passing Yards:
Kenny Anderson- 32838
Boomer Esiason- 27149
Andy Dalton- 25534

Andy will pass Boomer this year when he gets 1,615 yds. He has to get 7,304 to pass Kenny.

Completion %:
Kenny Anderson- 59.3%
Boomer Esiason- 56.5%
Andy Dalton- 62.3%

Touchdowns:
Kenny Anderson- 197
Boomer Esiason- 187
Andy Dalton- 167

Interception %:
Kenny Anderson- 3.6
Boomer Esiason- 3.7
Andy Dalton- 2.6

I'm a huge Boomer fan, and I love Kenny Anderson even more, but it's not even going to be close, Dalton will be the #1 Bengals QB in the history of the team when he retires, unless he get hurt and has to retire. And yes, he has already far surpassed Palmer.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/career-passing.htm
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Sled21 - 08-07-2018, 08:21 AM