Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(08-08-2018, 08:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And I'm not a defender of all things Dalton. In fact, Kenny Anderson is my all time favorite Bengal. That said, What Dalton has accomplished is overlooked because of the playoff deal. You (in general) cannot put that all on him. A lot of it is on Marvin, and most of it is on the whole team. Is Dalton the greatest Bengals QB right now, no, I didn't say that. I said when he's through, he will be. If they win the Super Bowl this year or in a couple of years, it won't even be a discussion.......

Can't really compare QBs from one era to the next to the next after that one. Kenny was a different era than Boomer who was in a different era than Dalton.

But we can compare QBs with the other QBs in their own era.

Kenny got us to SB, was NFL passing leader and league MVP. Played in an era with Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkington, Roger Stallbach, Terry Bradshaw, etc.

Boomer was also an league MVP and got us to a SB. Played in era with Joe Mantana, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, John Elway, Steve Young, etc. For a few years Boomer was one of the elite QBs in the league.

Bengals had no QBs who competed for elite in the era between Boomer and Dalton where we saw Curt Warner, Brett Farve, Payton Manning, Troy Aikman, etc.

Dalton has a chance to move up to an elite level, but he's come up short consistently when compared to elite QBs of his era.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalChris - 08-12-2018, 11:53 AM