Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really? No Michael Vick posts yet?
(08-26-2015, 08:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: I hate it because Vick isn't a fit for the Steelers.  We had an injury prone back up QB who never won as a starter...but Leftwich finally retired.   Smirk

As to the dog fighting:  We can care about more than one thing.  I think Vick is barely human for having financed a dog fighting ring for 6 years just to watch them fight or to kill them when they wouldn't.  He's vile and should never have been allowed back in the NFL because he was convicted of a FELONY.  Playing in the NFL is a privilege...not a right.  But because he's a little bit better at playing a game than most people he gets chance after chance.  Meanwhile folks who had an indiscretion in their past can't get certain jobs because they "have a record".

I won't address the rapist stuff because you know better.  Rock On
Leftwich couldn't move. I'd bet Vick is still the single most mobile quarterback in the league right now. Outside of having two legit #1 qbs and one by default being back up, mobility is one of the greatest assets for a back up. Regardless of the original game plan or the defense, a mobile qb can at the very least make a play by running.
And it keeps the defense from just blitzing a guy not prepared to be in the game every single play and shutting down the offense.

This offense isn't designed for Vick, but that's in a way the point. If he comes in mid-3rd quarter he will eat up the defense until they make major adjustments. Vick did something like that to the Steelers last year and plenty of worse mobile qbs have done that to much better Steelers defenses in the past decade.

The Steelers offense won't be as effective if we have to change it to fit Vick, but if he has anything left at all there isn't a defense he can't beat with the weapons we have.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Really? No Michael Vick posts yet? - 6andcounting - 08-26-2015, 09:16 AM