Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really? No Michael Vick posts yet?
(08-26-2015, 09:16 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Leftwich couldn't move. I'd bet Vick is still the single most mobile quarterback in the league right now. Outside of having two legit #1 qbs and one by default being back up, mobility is one of the greatest assets for a back up. Regardless of the original game plan or the defense, a mobile qb can at the very least make a play by running.
And it keeps the defense from just blitzing a guy not prepared to be in the game every single play and shutting down the offense.

This offense isn't designed for Vick, but that's in a way the point. If he comes in mid-3rd quarter he will eat up the defense until they make major adjustments. Vick did something like that to the Steelers last year and plenty of worse mobile qbs have done that to much better Steelers defenses in the past decade.

The Steelers offense won't be as effective if we have to change it to fit Vick, but if he has anything left at all there isn't a defense he can't beat with the weapons we have.

In my original post I said the only difference between Leftwich and Vick is 100 pounds.  Smirk  And I also said that the team around him will make him look better than he is.

Vick had one drive against the Steelers last year IIRC.  Tebow is mobile...want him?

I think Tomlin, who has had something up his rear about signing Vick for a while now, just has in his head he needs a "veteran" #2 so they can throw him out there without prepping him.  Good luck with that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Really? No Michael Vick posts yet? - GMDino - 08-26-2015, 09:24 AM