Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who most impressed you tonight?
Definitely like the new up tempo offense. This coordinator even in a fairly vanilla preseason game, seems to understand how to set your play makers up in space. We saw the rewards in the Mixon TD. In all the years I've seen the Bengals line up an RB wide, that is the very first time I can remember they actually made him the #1 target, hell, first time I can remember they even THREW to him.

We finally saw what Ross is all about, Good God, that plant, pivot, accelerate was just ....wow. I don't think I've seen that kind of play since John Jefferson. Ross is gonna have some ridiculous YAC this year, turning curls and slants into big gains. Also, Tate proved as advertised, if he gets his hand on the ball, he's gonna catch it. All his catches were not gimmees tonight, he will win a most of his contested catches.

Very encouraged by our new OTs. Glenn came as billed, and Hart definitely distanced himself from the competition. Fisher was just horrid, OG was marginal against scrubs. I'm all for giving Perkins the second team reps just to see if he can match those 2 with a lower salary. I was also underwhelmed by our backup guards on the scrubs. Westerman was just meh, Redmond was even less.

One of the reservations we had about Bates is that he is pure centerfielder, all cover/no tackle. He should tonight that ain't true, made 2 very hard, sure tackles tonight. Plus he didn't look lost in the scheme as well...

Same can't be said for Malik Jefferson, he has nowhere to go but up. Same for Phillips in coverage. Those are 2 in their first action so I won't get down on them too hard for now.

Nick Vigil looked like the guy we drafted in his short time on field. Filled a hole and made a sure tackle, which wasn't what we saw often last year. His physique also looks more sturdy this year.

Price wan't perfect, he got thown aside in one pass rush, He definitely is worthy pulling center, sealing a defender on an end run. Jeffro would only get in our runners way when he pulled. All the snaps were perfect though, one worry out the door.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - 3wt - 08-10-2018, 04:04 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - McC - 08-10-2018, 11:57 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - 3wt - 08-10-2018, 04:21 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - McC - 08-10-2018, 05:41 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - dr tarzan - 08-10-2018, 11:02 AM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - 3wt - 08-10-2018, 04:31 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - 3wt - 08-13-2018, 01:01 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - 3wt - 08-13-2018, 01:17 PM