Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who most impressed you tonight?
(08-13-2018, 05:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and Bernard only had 4 carries, 24 yds, 5.8YPC. Mellow  My comparison was also going off of Gio's first series, I'm not sure he played after the one series either.  Giovanni Bernard's first carry went off tackle, close to the sticks and he literally would not go down, and shoved a Bears player after the play.  He played with a lot of intensity, and had a better night on the ground, and also had a carry that went over 10 yards, moving the chains and extending the drive that led to Boyd's TD.

He went for 3 yards, 1 yard up the gut, 8 yards, and 11 yards.

He was statistically better, and he just had a better night on the ground finding the holes and breaking through them.  His intensity was what really impressed me.  He was running with passion and purpose.  Mixon had the highlight reel play and a TD.  Like I said, it isn't like I'm saying Joe had a shitty game, I'm just saying Gio ran better, and the numbers indicate that as being the case.

Also, Gio had ZERO targets in the passing game....so if he catches a pass, maybe he has an even better night.

Great stuff Wyche. Love hearing Gio running with intensity.

I think just last year was when he finally got back to where he was before the Shazier hit.

Sounds like he might even be better now. What a duo. Still wondering about the Walton pick with Brian Hill and Tra
Carson always being impressive in their own right. Got some really talented RB's on this roster. Nothing like back in
the days when i was always envying other teams with talented RB's. Loved Rudi but he was not near as talented as
these guys. He just had a great Line, if this Line gets up to that standard these Backs are going to have a huge year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - 3wt - 08-10-2018, 04:04 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - McC - 08-10-2018, 11:57 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - 3wt - 08-10-2018, 04:21 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - McC - 08-10-2018, 05:41 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - 3wt - 08-10-2018, 04:31 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - 3wt - 08-13-2018, 01:01 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-13-2018, 06:23 PM
RE: Who most impressed you tonight? - 3wt - 08-13-2018, 01:17 PM