Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Based on their Pre-Season Game 1 Performance
(08-11-2018, 01:54 PM)Shady Wrote: Yep, see my reply to Psydoc. I'm not anti-Malik. He was slow to catch onto things at Texas. Maybe we're seeing the same thing here. He did make one really good stop – I think it was for a loss or at least no gain. 

Bates really impressed me with a couple of really strong tackles, one that stopped a TD. He put the runner on his back!  ThumbsUp

Price impressed, as did Hubbard. Sam was really disruptive, even if he didn't finish some of those plays where he got great penetration.

I hope we get to see Tate running with the first team some time this preseason. He looked unstoppable against the Bears' #2s and 3s. 

Thanks Shady for some updates wish i could rewatch the game but i don't have DVR or NFL network.

Great news about Bates III, his only knock was his tackling, for him to be putting the runner on his back is great to
hear this early. Sounds like Darone Jones is doing a good job with him. Bates can be our next Reggie Nelson that
compliments Iloka so he can get back to what he used to be or better.

Price i knew once he got down the snaps was going to be a huge upgrade over Bodine. Great talent, could be the
best Center in the league with his strength, smarts and anchor.

Hubbard i was hearing a lot of hate on in the game day thread, overpursuing can be a problem, heck, even Dunlap
has had his problems with finishing. Having the penetration is where it starts though, MJ gets none.

Same with Tate, dude has too great of a catch radius and an obvious talent that cannot be taught in going up for
the ball with great hands. Looks faster out there too than what i thought. Get him snaps with the 1's. Along with
Ross, these two need snaps, i think Boyd is already on the same page with Dalton, lets get these two on the same
page with him. We could have one of the most dynamic TD scoring Red Zone packages in the league.

Ross is too fast, Tate is too big and well AJ Green is AJ Green.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Based on their Pre-Season Game 1 Performance - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-11-2018, 02:09 PM