Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The best of Burfict behind him?
(08-15-2018, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: In my opinion I think the peak moment of Burfict's career is going to end up being his interception against the Steelers in the playoffs.

Another season and another start of the year with him suspended. There are also the injury concerns and reports of him being out of shape coming into training camp.

It just seems like the guy has constant nagging injuries/concussions and takes a lot of punishment. He is constantly suspended to start the year which leads to him not being in shape which leads to an injury in preseason. We have seen it before.

So...do you think the best of Burfict is behind him? I just have this feeling like hes never going to be the guy that he was a couple years ago. There was even a drop off last year.

I am as big a "Burfict Pessimist" as anyone, if not bigger, but the interception he made against the Redskins in last year's preseason game was the one of the most athletic plays I have EVER seen a LB make.  Before I saw the number, I would have sworn that was a safety that read and reacted to that pass.

I am not trying to play shrink here on Burfict, but one thing that I think really motivates him is winning.  He plays his best in big spots.  When he is in game shape, and the game is on the line, I want him out there over just about anyone. I think if this team starts well and is rolling, he will be a vital part of it down the stretch.  If they come out and lay an egg (which I doubt), then I think he will not have the motivation to be the best version of himself.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The best of Burfict behind him? - J24 - 08-15-2018, 11:18 AM
RE: The best of Burfict behind him? - SHRacerX - 08-15-2018, 11:18 AM
RE: The best of Burfict behind him? - 3wt - 08-15-2018, 03:27 PM