Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned"
(08-27-2015, 01:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Whether you agree or not with the specifics of what Wilcots is saying (as far as the preseason game)...I think his overall concerns about this team's attitude and approach are somewhat warranted.

In general, a preseason game, in and of itself, isn't overly important...win, lose, look good or look bad. However, if you're a team that has just set an NFL record with 4 consecutive clunkers in the post-season and who tends to crap your pants on the national stage on a consistent basis...you would think that the coaches and players would have put a little extra emphasis on performing well...at least with the 1st team. Even if you're out of rhythm or not executing well...you shouldn't be letting a 'lesser' team physically push you around and constantly beat you at the point of attack. That was my biggest issue with the game.

It would be one thing if a mistake riddled, uninspired and ill-prepared performance were an anomaly to this team. However, we know that whenever the lights are shining the brightest...that's exactly what we get in about 2 of every 3 primetime games and every playoff game.

They have to find a way for the 'big stage' performances to get addressed and fixed this year. I'm not saying they have to win every one of them...but I do want to see them be prepared, fired up and ultra-competitive in each one. I honestly don't think that's too much to expect.
yes..that MNF preseason game  was the "big Stage"    :snark:
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - xavierdude - 08-27-2015, 01:57 PM