Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned"
(08-28-2015, 04:13 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I wouldn't say "no one".

I've heard that Andy sucks. Gio sucks. A.J. is no longer top 10. Our offensive line was "proven to not be good". I've heard many other things because of a preseason game.....seriously. I don't know how you can sit here and say that nobody is overreacting.

I have a huge problem with what he said, he's playing the side where he can't lose and is basically allowed to be a hypocrite. If we win, oh well, shrug that off. If we lose, make a huge ordeal about effort. That's ridiculous. Either act like looking good and looking bad in preseason BOTH matter, or neither. I understand that it's not all about winning and losing, but either make the effort an equally big deal on both sides or on neither side. Give them props when they're successful and not just run to bash them when they're not. I keep my same feelings about certain things no matter what, I can't see how that's so difficult for everybody else. Preseason games don't matter to you guys when we look good, but they matter when we don't? Pffftt, get outta here with that logic. I'm sorry, I can't play that way.

There have been huge overreactions to this preseason game. You saying that nobody is acting that way is a flat out lie and I can probably find dozens of quotes to prove that to be incorrect.

You are reading way too much into this.  It's the preseason.  I'm not quite willing to jump off the wagon just yet.  Especially before a snap that actually counts is made.  That said I had pretty high expectations for this team coming into the season.  And perhaps if the Bengals didn't have a history of these types of performances, I wouldn't think too much about it.  But the fact is they do.  And quite frankly it's getting old.  A team as mentally fragile as the Bengals can't really afford games like this.  Even if they happen in the preseason.  I'm almost certain the coaching staff isn't taking it as lightly as you are.

If the expectations are high you expect them to perform at a high level.  And when they don't you'd find it troubling.

I mean if you can argue against that logic, you can argue anything.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - WhoDeyWho - 08-28-2015, 11:41 PM