Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield 5 preorders down
Battlefield 5 is sinking hard right now in preorder sales.

According to a CNBC article and other sources, it is like over 80% short of what Call of Duty BO4 is getting.

There has been quite a bit of backlash to the game since its very lackluster reveal in what it will be. Part of that backlash is because of the push they did to include women into the game, having a woman protagonist in half of the trailer for it and a woman on the regular game cover. Go onto youtube, and it wont take long to find vids on this.

But then to make matters worse, the same EA execs that decided that basically told the naysayers to 'either accept it or dont buy the game'. There are a ton more vids but this one covers this part of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iciie0MexSM

So other than the SJW aspect of the game, it is also being released in October, sandwiched in between Red Dead Redemption 2 and CoD BO4. RDR2 will be the biggest and probably best game of the year, and CoD has gotten a ton of positivity around it for the first time in many years, as Black Ops is extremely popular. I know if I only had $60 bucks to spend on one of these 3 games, it probably will go to RDR first, then CoD.

Thirdly it was very poorly marketed for being a Battlefield game of the main series. It was poorly displayed at E3 this summer, almost as an afterthought, and then afterwards.

Fourthly, and I forgot to add this, maybe it's part of a general backlash to EA. I know I am pretty much done with EA, including my once beloved FIFA games. This will be the first year I wont buy FIFA in a long time because they should just rename it FUT instead because all they care about is selling points for packs which is their moneymaker.

Anyways if anyone is going to get Battlefield 5, I would hold off until Christmas or afterwards when the price will surely plummet to get players on their servers.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Battlefield 5 preorders down - Millhouse - 08-20-2018, 09:47 PM
RE: Battlefield 5 preorders down - CKwi88 - 08-21-2018, 01:52 PM