Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield 5 preorders down
(08-21-2018, 12:19 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: If people are really pushing against the game because of a female character that is pretty pathetic, if pretty much par for the course for gamer culture.

I'd certainly chalk it up to EA/Microtransaction fatigue as well. And fatigue of the entire CoD/Battlefield genre. CoD made a good choice a few years back by splitting into 2 (three?) separate "sub-franchises" with different developers. 

Last one of these games I picked up was infinite warfare when it was on sale for 20 bucks. Still get hooked into the multiplayer I'll confess.

Gamers like girl characters in games though as much as dude characters, so it isnt that. Games like Tomb Raiders and Zero Horizon Dawn were huge sellers. They just arent fans of it being a sjw act which it was, and then how the high up devs pretty much said 'to accept it or dont buy it'. Not a good strategy. I dont really care myself because I wont be buying it anyways, at least until the price drops.

Good news though is the EA/Dice guy that pushed for the girl in BF5 left them. He was pretty high up, millionaire exec. But from what I heard he is also one of the ones that pushed a lot of the microtransactions in games like FIFA, Madden, Battlefront 2 (which was a disaster at launch due to them) and others which made them billions. Though the problem was that in doing so the quality of those games plummeted to where Madden and FIFA just arent as good as they should be with all that extra money they got from those buying packs for MUT and FUT.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Battlefield 5 preorders down - Millhouse - 08-20-2018, 09:47 PM
RE: Battlefield 5 sinking - sjw, release date, marketing? - Millhouse - 08-21-2018, 01:39 AM
RE: Battlefield 5 preorders down - CKwi88 - 08-21-2018, 01:52 PM