Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Spend About Half Payroll on 2 Players.
(08-24-2018, 05:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Any thread that tries to say Votto is the reason why they're not winning automatically gets a 1 star from me.

Votto more than earns his money. As Fred said earlier, perennial MVP candidate, and probably would have 2 more MVPs to his name if the rest of the team hadn't been so terrible around him.

Barry Bonds only ever won a postseason series ONE year in his 22 year career, and 0 World Series.
Mike Trout has only been to the playoffs once in 8 years and has never won a GAME, let alone a series.

- - - - - - - - -

While the Bailey contract was horrible, the Reds real problem is terrible drafting under Jocketty coming back to bite them, a lack of success in the international market, and a failure to develop talent in the minors.

To a lesser degree, another problem is the Reds haven't kept pace with spending from when they were good:
-In 2012 they were 19th in payroll and 13.79% below the league average in spending.
-In 2018 they are 25th in payroll and 28.45% below the league average in spending.

The gap between them and league average spending the last couple years has more than doubled.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bad thread is bad.

The problem with the Reds IMO is they fall in love with players and lack making timely decisions. Like I think the difference between the Reds and Bengals FO is paper thin. So, so familiar in the way they "love the familiar and hate change" approach.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Spend About Half Payroll on 2 Players. - Hoofhearted - 08-27-2018, 11:33 AM