Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Spend About Half Payroll on 2 Players.
(08-27-2018, 02:07 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Signing Homer over Cueto will go down as one of the most monumental mistakes in recent Reds history.

I know that Cueto signed for 25 million more than Bailey (over 6 years) with the Giants and hindsight is 20/20, but this was barely even hindsight. At the time of signing, it was widely considered a mistake to give Bailey, who was a replacement level player from 2007 to 2011 before being a slightly above average (2 to 3 WAR) player with an average ERA (never lower than 3.49 to that point...and still not below that mark) for the following 2 years.

So, suffice it to say, I wish we had never signed Bailey...He has held this team back to a pretty extreme degree so far since he signed that ludicrous contract.

Votto, on the other hand, is definitely worth the money we spent on him. He's a surefire hall of famer and I'm glad to have him on the team.

Pitchers in general are the holy grail, but also the riskiest. Cueto was designated to have TJ surgery earlier this month. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Spend About Half Payroll on 2 Players. - Hoofhearted - 08-27-2018, 02:28 PM