Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Spend About Half Payroll on 2 Players.
(10-04-2018, 02:47 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I disagree with that thought process and here’s why.. let’s say votto puts up a 5 War at 25 mil, now let’s say that we have another player that could put up a 2 War at 3 million to replace him. Can you easily make up that other 3 War at other positions for that extra 22 mil.? Also, does War honestly tell the whole picture? Votto has been a great Red but that anchor contract is gonna keep getting heavier. I will say that Votto is still an OBP machine, he’s just not a slugger anymore. Pitchers will figure out that they’re better off throwing strikes to him as the age takes his power and average away.

Votto is a few spots behind the famous Mike Trout in the WAR rankings. Do you think Mike Trout is good? 

WAR is a way to crunch all the available numbers out there and rank them accordingly. 

Quote:Statistic Description: Wins Above Replacement for position players A single number that presents the number of wins the player added to the team above what a replacement player (think AAA or AAAA) would add. Scale: 8+ MVP Quality, 5+ All-Star Quality, 2+ Starter, 0-2 Reserve, < 0 Replacement Leve

So you want to take an all-star out of the lineup and put in a bunch of "starter" level players? I don't get why that is. I want to have good players on my team. 

And LOL at throwing strikes to Joey V. The dude may not be able to take it the distance, but you're dumb as sh!it if you pitch right at him. There's a reason why pitchers avoid pitching right at him. He'll turn a walk in into a double quickly. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Spend About Half Payroll on 2 Players. - Hoofhearted - 10-04-2018, 03:20 PM