Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Spend About Half Payroll on 2 Players.
(10-04-2018, 03:20 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Votto is a few spots behind the famous Mike Trout in the WAR rankings. Do you think Mike Trout is good? 

WAR is a way to crunch all the available numbers out there and rank them accordingly. 

So you want to take an all-star out of the lineup and put in a bunch of "starter" level players? I don't get why that is. I want to have good players on my team. 

And LOL at throwing strikes to Joey V. The dude may not be able to take it the distance, but you're dumb as sh!it if you pitch right at him. There's a reason why pitchers avoid pitching right at him. He'll turn a walk in into a double quickly. 
I do think that Mike Trout is good. My main issue is that Trout is 27 and Votto is 35. If Votto was 27, it’s a no brained. Votto is going to slow down, it’s already started. The question is at what rate. It’s a bigger gamble for teams if it’s a quarter of the payroll. There is a likely chance that Votto will become a “starter” level player. 25 mil is a lot to spend on one of those. Hopefully he’s only like that for a year vs. three. If not, the fans will turn on him and that would be a shame.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Spend About Half Payroll on 2 Players. - Circleville Guy - 10-04-2018, 09:16 PM