Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Spend About Half Payroll on 2 Players.
(10-04-2018, 09:16 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I do think that Mike Trout is good. My main issue is that Trout is 27 and Votto is 35. If Votto was 27, it’s a no brained. Votto is going to slow down, it’s already started. The question is at what rate. It’s a bigger gamble for teams if it’s a quarter of the payroll. There is a likely chance that Votto will become a “starter” level player. 25 mil is a lot to spend on one of those. Hopefully he’s only like that for a year vs. three. If not, the fans will turn on him and that would be a shame.

In order to keep elite talent during their prime, you have to be willing to pay for the back half. You better believe that Trout will get his huge pay day where he gets paid a boat load while not being worth it towards the end. He was actually starter level WAR this year at 2.5, so that process has begun. But it's not his fault they wasted his high 5's and sometimes low 7 WAR days during the past 10 years.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Spend About Half Payroll on 2 Players. - Hoofhearted - 10-04-2018, 09:34 PM