Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Spend About Half Payroll on 2 Players.
(10-04-2018, 10:33 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yes, while cranking out ridiculous numbers. Good leader, good guy... you take care of those guys. I feel worse for having him not able to play in the post season more. He’s had 32 ABs :-(

I think that as a team on welfare that you at least have to wait until the final year until you negotiate. Too many things can happen with guaranteed contracts. Votto got hurt and salaries went down for top players during that time. There are just too many variables and risk to teams on a budget. Obviously it was the Bailey and not the Votto deal that wasted the last few years. Votto’s deal has the next 5 years to hurt the team. I really hope the fans don’t turn on him if he’s hitting.260-.270 with 5-8 homers a year at 1/4 of the teams salary. If he does that for 3 years in a row then it might get ugly. I’m glad that they have Votto on the team, I just wish that we had owners that could afford a consistent competitive team. These owners can’t or won’t put in the amount of money needed to do this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Spend About Half Payroll on 2 Players. - Circleville Guy - 10-23-2018, 08:40 PM