Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bell doesn’t rejoin the Squealers
(09-03-2018, 04:58 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They offered him 1.5X the highest paid RB in the league last year and this year. More than fair. But he wants to be paid like the best RB in the league and the best #2 WR in the league. After seeing what Gurley got, maybe he'll get more than what the Steelers offered, but that's just bad business. You don't give a RB that kind of money. They can win without him.

I've stated it many times. I wanted him and his shennanigans out of here for the last couple of years.

Mooning

All that matters is they offered him less than what Gurley got, and Gurley is inferior. Gurley is the only standard for comparison right now, as it's the most recent deal for a very talented back. 

As to paying a RB that much, I'd tend to agree normally...but LeVeon has been such a HUGE weapon for that offense. Both rushing and receiving. Believe me, I'll be thrilled to see him in a different uniform. The Steelers will win 9-10 games as long as that fat turd sticks around (btw, I love how he's morphed into a rapey version of Brett Favre), but that offense will take a hit without Bell. Believe that.

(09-03-2018, 05:48 PM)motoarch Wrote: That’s because you don’t give running backs the kind of money long term that he’s asking for.  You especially don’t give it to a back that gets as many touches as bell and has to face burfict twice a year.  Any team that does give him a longer term contract for what he’s asking gets what they deserve when he goes down mid season with an injury.

You guys are obsessed. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bell doesn’t rejoin the Squealers - Shake n Blake - 09-03-2018, 07:33 PM