Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bell doesn’t rejoin the Squealers
(09-06-2018, 04:49 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Using your logic, everyone has business reasons to sandbag. Why should any player do anything above and beyond the minimum that would risk injury and impact your next payday? What about AJ Green? Perfect example. Demand a redo now and when the Bengals don't do it, sit out until week 10. Same next year, except reject every offer they throw at you, then sit 10 weeks, then hit FA in 2020 with less wear and tear on his body.

The mentality of the NFL is that you give it your all 100% of the time, not only for yourself, but for your teammates as well. This is a league where guys take head shots and try to stay in. They lie about how they feel and about symptoms in order to keep going. The NFL has spotters to watch over guys on the field and to physically drag them off when they're injured in order to save them from themselves. And Bell is admitting that he's going to not give 100% this season? That shit isn't going to fly. What his agent said yesterday has ruined his reputation in the league amongst the vast majority of the players, I guarantee it. 

Don't believe me? Read this. And Cutler actually had a sprained ACL.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/584342-jay-cutler-deserves-the-criticism-after-quitting-during-the-nfc-championship

At this point it's no longer about the money to anyone but Bell. Other players will have your back on this as long as you do it on your own time and don't affect them getting their money. And Bell not showing up until after the season starts could directly affect them getting theirs. Now he's potentially F'ing with their wallet. 

I agree with you, that the overwhelming majority of NFL players are fiercely competitive, and strive to be the best that they can be.  Leveon Bell is showing poor sportsmanship by not begrudgingly signing his tag and reporting to play football.  He's not only letting his teammates down, he's also showing the entire NFL community what he's really about...  Me first.

He may win the skirmish, by holding out and not playing.  But, I think that he's ultimately setting himself up to lose the war, when it comes to getting that huge money from another team.  As if the NFL needed another self-centered image problem right now?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bell doesn’t rejoin the Squealers - SunsetBengal - 09-06-2018, 08:07 PM