Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightning almost hit my house, fried most of my electronics and AC
(09-06-2018, 08:03 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Thanks.  I don't know if insurance will cover the cost of window units as a temporary fix. It's suppose to cool off in the next few days thankfully.  I did ask the insurance company if they would cover the cost of putting my dog in a kennel so I could go stay with a friend until it gets fixed.  They told me maybe and it depends on temperatures between now and when it is fixed. So I'm not banking on that.

It really isn't that super terrible as far as temperature.  Right now it is 85 degrees inside cooled down for 88 earlier as there has been some recent cloud cover.  I have a fan that helps.  I spent time in hotter climates without AC when I was in the military so I'm sure I can tough it out.  It is the humidity that makes it seem worse.  I'd take a 95-100 degree day with almost no humidity over a 85 degree day with 60+ humidity any day.  :)

Thanks and I'm glad it wasn't worse as well.  Everything I lost is replaceable and my insurance will cover most of it.  Like I said it could have been worse and set my house on fire.  So I'm glad that didn't happen.

My buddy just picked up a decently priced portable swamp cooler for his garage.  Thing is beast and works damn well.  Might be worth taking a look at one of those for a temp solution in the house and use somewhere else down the line. Thinking about picking one up myself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lightning almost hit my house, fried most of my electronics and AC - Vas Deferens - 09-06-2018, 08:07 PM