Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightning almost hit my house, fried most of my electronics and AC
(09-06-2018, 07:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Won't surge protectors protect these devices?

Not everything plugged into my surge protectors got fried aside from the devices that were connected via coaxial cable (DVR and cable modem) and the devices that were connected to them with HDMI cables.  My surge protectors never even tripped.  My DVR/cable box connected to my stereo system via HDMI then connected to my TV via HDMI out.  My PS4, Roku got fried and were connected via HDMI In of the stereo.  So I'm guessing the stereo fried before it could send the surge to my TV since my TV is fine.  My TV was plugged into the same surge protectors as my DVR and cable modem.  My wifi modem was also plugged into the same surge protector and didn't get fried.  So my guess is the electricity went through coaxial then through the DVR and into the stereo and subsequent items connected via HDMI. 

Of course that doesn't explain why my AC blew out, fried my Macbook charging cable, and my garage door switch no longer works.  It almost seems like the lighting strike was some mini an EMP.

Of course I can make guesses all day. :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lightning almost hit my house, fried most of my electronics and AC - George Cantstandya - 09-06-2018, 08:27 PM