Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightning almost hit my house, fried most of my electronics and AC
(09-06-2018, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You might just have to spring for a window unit, out of pocket.  They're really not that expensive, and great to have in case of emergencies.  Heck, in a power outage in a Summer heat wave, you can run a window unit from a portable generator.  (I learned this spending several hurricane seasons, living near the beach)

(09-06-2018, 08:07 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: My buddy just picked up a decently priced portable swamp cooler for his garage.  Thing is beast and works damn well.  Might be worth taking a look at one of those for a temp solution in the house and use somewhere else down the line. Thinking about picking one up myself.

I agree.  The funny thing is I recently got interested in prepping for emergencies. Started with stocking up food, water, and food for my dog.   Maybe this gives me a good reason to invest in emergency heating and cooling and other energy solutions like a generator as well.  Sure makes me think what would happen long term in the event no one can help me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lightning almost hit my house, fried most of my electronics and AC - George Cantstandya - 09-06-2018, 08:41 PM