Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carolina presents a major challenge
(09-17-2018, 10:33 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m interested to see how our offense looks without Mixon. With Mixon playing teams have to respect the run and that opens things up for AJ Green.  It will be tough to run against them with Kuechly and if I’m Carolina I double AJ Green , this is the type of game we need Ross to step up. Also if Price is out the DT Short for the Panthers is very disruptive in the run and passing game , Short vs Hopkins will be a matchup to watch. Agree with the poster I’m worried about the backs catching the ball and also containing Cam Newton in the pocket. The Panthers Wide recievers don’t really scare me Funches is a big guy at 6’4 and I think it’s a good matchup for Kirkpatrick.

Carolina runs an offshoot of the Tampa 2. Doubling doesn't occur as much because of the zone heavy nature of the scheme. What you do have here though is a lot of two high safety looks. I think it will be a big week for Boyd working out of the slot as well as Eiffert. Look for them to move AJ into the slot a couple times and take shots down the middle of the field to exploit the weakness int he zones. Lots of combo routes out of twins and trips as well can expose the zone gaps. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carolina presents a major challenge - Au165 - 09-17-2018, 10:41 AM