Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop
I look at it like I really hope they win it all and if they do I'll be thrilled, but if unforeseen forces push them out of the picture I will pull out the great team motto of "Well, there's always next season!" and hope for the same thing I've hoped for since I was in grade school back when Elvis and the Beatles were still making the headlines. 
I've been following this team since day 1 and not once has their success nor failure changed my life one iota. 
That said,  there's no way to tell . Had they won the SB in 88 I MIGHT HAVE celebrated by going out to buy the winning lottery ticket and parlayed it into a vast fortune which is undoubtedly why my current source of income is social security instead of the vast fortune I passed up on in 1988..  See? I could have been your president and run on the ticket of a chicken in every pot if only the Bengals had won that game, but instead I was selling cable TV door to door that year and ran into Icky Woods while wondering "What's that big ol black dude doing out in this lily white neighborhood?" I knocked on his door anyway and sold him the whole cable package, HBO, Showtime and Cinemax! I never parlayed that sale into a vast fortune. It's all the Bengals fault   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop - grampahol - 09-18-2018, 11:25 AM