Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
700WLW/1530 RANT (Bengals Coverage Related)
WM, I'm with you. Of course, I'm not baseball fan, and I was never a Reds fan when I was, so I am extremely biased against any Reds talk. I actually like when the Reds tank because it hastens the football talk. Also when they do make the playoffs it can screw with Bengals gameday parking and traffic (witness the playoff game about five years ago).

Having said that, I have no delusions that the Reds aren't the number one topic in town. Even in a country where the NFL is far and away the most popular spectator sport, here, it's the Reds. That has a lot to due with Mike and the team's on-field perfomance, but, I still understand the Reds' following and how they'll always be the prettiest pony on local radio.

I don't even bother listening to Lance unless he's hosting a dedicated Bengals show because, as you accurately represented, it's either a lot of Reds talk or straight-up bullshit. Broo is another one that annoys me in that regard. It'll be a Bengals Sunday late in the season, it's a home game and a lot is on the line, and on the drive down I'm wanting to hear Bengals talk, yet he'll waste segments on a baseball team that was buried in late July and drive me over to the Sirius NFL channel.

Just keep all the Reds talk in season, and when season is over (not mathematically over, because then talk would end weeks before Labor Day), keep it on the "Hot Stove" program WLW has and stop clogging up Sunday mornings post-Thanksgiving with talk of pitching rotations. That's all I ask.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 700WLW/1530 RANT (Bengals Coverage Related) - Awful Llama - 08-30-2015, 12:34 PM