Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
700WLW/1530 RANT (Bengals Coverage Related)
(08-30-2015, 12:21 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I used to be a huge baseball fan when I was younger.  I watched or listened pretty much every night until right around when Griffey and Dunn were on their way out.

I used to think I quit watching as much because I hated the fact some teams spend 200 mil while others spend 40, but now I'm wondering if some of the local coverage has turned me off.  It's non-stop.  I used to really enjoy listening to Sports Talk but I just can't get into it anymore.  And I have to figure there's tons of people like that.  I don't understand the programming from a ratings standpoint at all.  How many people are turning in for 3 hours of Reds coverage on a Weds afternoon?  17?  32?  I just don't get it.

Yeah same here, not a fan of the salary cap which doesn't help me being a fan. But my new-found sport the last few years I now follow second to the NFL is the BPL and La Liga in Europe (soccer) doesnt have a salary cap either. Watching Manchester United and Swansea as I'm typing this, and the excitement factor dwarfs any baseball game I can remember in last few years. Just to put it in perspective so to speak lol.

But yeah back to the radio, maybe they are getting paid off by the Reds or something to talk so many minutes about them based in the contracts they have between each other? Only thing I can think of that makes sense at this time of year since the Reds are terrible and will be terrible for quite some time from what they blabber about.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 700WLW/1530 RANT (Bengals Coverage Related) - Millhouse - 08-30-2015, 12:38 PM