Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
700WLW/1530 RANT (Bengals Coverage Related)
(08-30-2015, 10:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Then name it Reds Talk instead of Sports Talk.  When a team already has a built in 6 hours of coverage a day (pre-game, game, postgame) it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect some coverage for other sports leading into that block.  Again, it's SPORTS talk.  You can even talk more stupid ***** Reds and beat that dead horse some more, just sprinkle other sports this time of year.

If you don't think 10 straight hours of Reds coverage on Sunday in late August, when the team is 30 games back, is overkill then I'm not sure how you would define the word.

No one is expecting it to go away.  Have the game, have the pre-game, have the post game, heck you can have of the morning too.  That would give them 8 hours of coverage today.  All I'm asking for is to maybe throw in some more football talk.  You know, the NUMBER 1 VIEWED SPORT AND MONEY MAKING LEAGUE IN THIS COUNTRY.

I think you fail to understand the Reds standing in the heart of this city and surrounding areas.
The Reds are beloved...

The surge in popularity of the NFL is not going to change that.

I love the Bengals.
But the Bengals aren't the Redlegs.
They're not, nor will they ever be as sacred as the Reds.
Just accept it.
The Reds, their fans and the Reds network stretch through Ohio into West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana and parts of Virginia and Tennessee.

Plus
The Reds as an orgaization is loved.
People feel this is a club worth supporting.
They've done and given so much to this community for well over One Hundred and Forty years....
Its not just that they give us half price tickets on Sundays (they do).
Or one dollar hot dogs and cola's (they do).
Its not that they brought us the All Star game and the World Series.
They have a long long history of making Cincinnati a better place.
AND THEY'VE GIVEN THE PEOPLE MULTIPLY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS....

They've never sold five dollar tap water.
They've never threatened to leave.
They didn't bankrupt the county.
They've done their part to see that this community see's the best the sport can offer as opposed to some other club who spent way too many years with their head in the sand, counting money, complaining about the cost of gatorade and running the organization like its 1968.
All the while producing No championships and ONE Hall of Famer in the history of the franchise...

Still confused?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 700WLW/1530 RANT (Bengals Coverage Related) - tman - 08-30-2015, 11:19 PM