Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
700WLW/1530 RANT (Bengals Coverage Related)
(08-30-2015, 11:19 PM)tman Wrote: I think you fail to understand the Reds standing in the heart of this city and surrounding areas.

The surge in popularity of the NFL is not going to change that.

I love the Bengals.
But the Bengals aren't the Redlegs.
They're not, nor will they ever be as sacred as the Reds.
Just accept it.
The Reds, their fans and the Reds network stretch through Ohio into West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana and parts of Virginia and Tennessee.

Plus
The Reds as an orgaization is loved.
People feel this is a club worth supporting.
They've done and given so much to this community for well over One Hundred and Forty years....
Its not just that they give us half price tickets on Sundays (they do).
Or one dollar hot dogs and cola's (they do).
They have a long long history of making Cincinnati a better place.
AND THEY'VE GIVEN THE PEOPLE MULTIPLY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS....

They've never sold five dollar tap water.
They've never threatened to leave.
They didn't bankrupt the county.
They've done their part to see that this community see's the best the sport can offer as opposed to some other club who spent way too many years with their head in the sand, counting money, complaining about the cost of gatorade and running the orgaization like its 1968.

All the while while producing No champioships and ONE hall of Famer in the history of the franchise...

Still confused?
Confused?  I think that would better describe yourself.  Bringing up negatives about the Bengals to me, of all freaking people, is like preaching to a group of 14 years the importance of text messaging.  I'm more than well aware of much of what you said.

No one is asking for equal coverage.  Not even close.  We're talking about the Reds taking up 10 ***** hours in a row today, when they're 30 ***** games out and football season is getting ready start. 

Instead of 10 hours I'm simply asking for maybe 9 hours.  Instead of Reds pregame, Reds game, Reds postgame, and 90% of the Lance's show being about the Reds, I'm asking for Reds pregame, Reds game, Reds postgame, and 60% of Lance show being about the Reds.  And that's just right now.  We're not even talking about April and May.

I don't think you get it.  I'm not intending to have any debate about which team has earned more coverage, praise, trust, pride, etc.  Not at all.  I simply asking, as a Sports fan, to try to not bore me to ***** death.

I'm the guy, like so many sports junkies, that loves this talking sports. 

-I remember Al Leiter pitching that one game playoff against the Reds. 
-I remember Reggie Sanders abysmal playoff performance. 
-I think Darnell  Burton maybe the most underrated Bearcat ever. 
-I actually remember UC football names like Deontay Kenner and Brad Jackson.
-I love the fact that Mike Tomlin, Jim Harbaugh, and Rex Ryan are all part of the Rick Minter coaching tree. 
-I remember Melvin Tuten and Jeff Query. 
-I was excited when we signed Michael Westbrook. 
-I remember the hot tub the Cincinnati Rockers had. 
-I remember the Stingers and the Slammers. 
-I know that Shaun Alexander went to Boone County and I spelled his first name right.
-I know Marc Edwards went to Norwood and I spell his first name right too.
-There is a whole bunch of Norwoods, they're all big, went to Anderson, and the youngest one plays for Carolina.
-I remember where I was when Ryan Fletcher passed to Kenyon Marton, who passed to Melvin Levitt who dunked on Duke to win.  I also remember it was the Great Alaskan Shootout.
-I know that Damon Flint, Danny Fortson, Keith Legree (everyone forgets this), Ruben Patterson, Demarr Johnson and Kenny Satterfield were the McDAA's under Huggins.  Let me know if I missed any.
-I know that there's a Gus Bell, a Buddy, and a David.
-Peter Edward Rose has a brother, David, who also went to Western Hills, who played minor league ball.
-Before Midland there was Wilson Freight.
-Dave Parker went to Couter Tech.
-Mick Cronin's old man, Hep, who was also Lasalle basketball coach, was a scout for the Braves. You can thank for David Justice. Who, by the way, went to Covington Latin.

I could go on and on.  None of this is meant to be impressive.  Just a collection of random facts, used as proof in the internet age that I'm not googing shit to talk out my arse or anything.

I am a pretty normal sports fan.  I enjoy it.  I am their demographic.  I am the easy potential listener for them to win over.  The simple fact is they're doing the opposite and turning me away.  Which, given the above, seems pretty hard to do.  How bad do you have to be at talking sports to drive away a guy that can still laughs about Sean Brewer?  Seriously.

So please, keep talking condescendingly towards me.  Pretend like you're schooling me on Reds and Bengals facts, like I'm both a simpleton and unfamiliar with this market.  All because, as a listener and an obvious fan of all things sports, I take exception with 10 hours of Reds coverage.  Let's see who appears to need to understand things better. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 700WLW/1530 RANT (Bengals Coverage Related) - Wes Mantooth - 08-30-2015, 11:48 PM