Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers Listening To Trade Talks For Bell
(09-24-2018, 03:49 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: If they release him, they get absolutely nothing. If he signs the tender, plays the minimal amount of games, then leaves during FA in the offseason, they will get a 3rd round pick in 2020. So they A) are not stuck and will release him, and B) will get more than a 5th. They will get a minimum 3rd.

The Steelers have handled this situation as best as any team could. They offered him a deal that was far and away the best contract for a RB and he balked. This is all on Bell and his idiocy. What he's given up ($2.5M so far) he will never make again, regardless of what his next contract is. He's flushing untold millions down the drain, but hey, what the hell, it's saving the Steelers tons. I really believe that Bell has a very low IQ. It would be interesting to have him tested. I'll bet he's under 90
If he signs (he has to agree to any trade) they will pay him 800k/game while throwing a grenade in the locker room. Is a 2020 third rounder plus all the drama worth 11 million. I would let him walk and prove the team won't be held hostage. He would be hard pressed to find a team that had that much salary cap room. If he went to a bad team he probably won't get that much production and then a huge contract is out of the question. BTW I hope he stays away until after the Bengals game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers Listening To Trade Talks For Bell - Catmandude123 - 09-24-2018, 06:53 PM