Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets give Marvin credit this season ....
(10-24-2018, 01:12 PM)motoarch Wrote: The ‘90s’ was a decade over a decade and a half ago.  You seem to think the status quo is the answer because if we lose Marvin we go back to lossing every year automatically.

That’s not a great attitude.  I want to win and Marvin’s shown he can’t get over the hump and I’m no longer satisfied with just getting to a wild card game.  I was happy with that 10 years ago but not anymore.  I was ok with it when there was no hope for anything better to have this exhausting let down every year sucks.

It’s worth exploring a new coach because yes things could get worse but frankly I don’t give a damn cause they sure aren’t getting better anymore with Lewis it’s just more of the same.

Why are you so defensive about this guy always?  You related?

Lol, no I am not related. But I see the big picture and that is ownership.

I remember the owner hiring one loser coach after another. When free agency came to the NFL, I saw us not partaking and losing quality players. Only signing the garbage no one else wanted. Reading that this team is the only team in the North that doesn't have a winter dome or field house because of the cheapness of the owner. Wasn't Marvin angry that the owner promised and failed to sign Whitworth?

The only smart thing that Mike Brown did was hire Marvin Lewis and I know Marvin can't lead this team far past the playoffs. But his team keeps losing key quality and they won't sign key quality.

KEY LINK YOU ALL MUST READ!!!!

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/7/11/17552714/former-nfl-wr-t-j-houshmandzadeh-reveals-just-how-cheap-the-bengals-used-to-be-pittsburgh-steelers

Key points ...

Rather than provide bottled water or Gatorade in the locker rooms, the players were given only access to a water fountain. While that might seem only a minor hardship, their policy on jock-straps was much more disturbing. As Houshmandzadeh told Cowherd.

Quote:“The year before I got there, [offensive tackle] Willie Anderson was telling me ,they didn't even have jock-straps. They would buy, get a bunch of used jock-straps, throw them in the middle of the locker room and say ‘here you go’.”
The entire interview has to be heard to be believed, and I encourage you to click on the link above to listen to Houshmandzadeh’s words in person. As he observes, the arrival of Marvin Lewis in 2003 brought about a culture change, and many of these practices were quickly ended. But with Brown still very much in charge of the team, you have to wonder about the other ways he’s found to save money these days.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets give Marvin credit this season .... - BengalYankee - 10-24-2018, 01:41 PM