Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets give Marvin credit this season ....
(10-24-2018, 12:13 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I like Dalton, I don't think we would have made the playoffs for five years without him. Just like I don't think we would have made the playoffs for five years with a Mike Brown picked coach.

That said, Dalton has been horrible in the playoffs. Interceptions, Pick 6's, fumbles, low passing ratio and poor QB ratings. Things you can't blame on Marvin. I can say Mike Brown has made it not a player friendly environment, not partaking in free agency, losing talent do to free agency. No warm dome or field house during the winter[play off season], etc,etc,etc.

So logically you can take your pick who is to blame.

I pick the owner who has bee bad since 1991 and the only reason he moved up the ladder a little bit was because of 2005 Marvin Lewis's Bengals.

Marvin is 0-3 in the playoffs with QB's not named "Andy Dalton". Those QB's have combined for the following numbers:

66 of 118 (55.9% - terrible)
621 yards (5.26 yards per attempt - terrible)
3 TDs to 4 INTs (terrible)
65.0 passer rating (terrible)

...and yes you can blame the Head Coach for terrible player performance. That's why HC's get fired in the first place. They aren't getting the best out of their players. What makes it even more obvious is that we've seen multiple sets of talented players fail in the same situations. And it's not just QB's. Our pass rush disappears. Our o-line can't block. We can't stop the run or the pass. Chad and AJ have put up weak numbers. Etc, etc.

I blame Mike Brown for the 90's, but we've had enough talent to win playoff games during Marv's tenure. The choking is on Marv. I blame Mike for not firing Marv. I pretty much give the players a pass based on Marv's lengthy and dreadful history in prime-time, Steelers and playoff games.

I can't sum up my stance any clearer than this.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets give Marvin credit this season .... - Shake n Blake - 10-24-2018, 02:27 PM