Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets give Marvin credit this season ....
(10-24-2018, 03:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: And Mike Brown is 0-7 in the playoffs during this time and a record of about .418 (163-228-1) vs Marvin Lewis record of over .500.

I can easily go in the weeds and say Dalton has horrendous QB stats, interceptions, pick 6's, fumbles, low QB ratings, etc.

However, unlike you I won't blame, the soldier[Dalton], the captain[Lewis], but I do blame the general[Brown], that's where we differ.
A place where you had to use a water fountain instead of bottle water or Gatorade. A place where you had to use used jock straps.

Screw that it's the freaking owner, it's the reason  quality free agents would never visit here and guess who changed the culture somewhat?

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/7/11/17552714/former-nfl-wr-t-j-houshmandzadeh-reveals-just-how-cheap-the-bengals-used-to-be-pittsburgh-steelers

There you have it, be blind, put your head in the ground, but it is the truth whose to blame. Maybe you know more than TJ, but I doubt it.
Marvin did the best he could and when he goes Mike will be up to his cheap ass tricks.

I think you're misunderstanding me.

I do blame the general...for keeping the captain. I don't blame the grunts because they're getting poor intel and strategies from the captain, causing them to consistently lose their biggest battles. The general in this instance isn't doing anything wrong other than keeping a weak captain around.

Cite all the Dalton stats you wish. I'm aware of them. The point is that everyone (including 3 other QB's) have played poorly as well. This points to a coaching/schematic/game-planning issue. Not a player issue or an ownership issue (outside of ownership standing behind poor coaching).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets give Marvin credit this season .... - Shake n Blake - 10-24-2018, 03:32 PM