Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets give Marvin credit this season ....
(10-24-2018, 03:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think you're misunderstanding me.

I do blame the general...for keeping the captain. I don't blame the grunts because they're getting poor intel and strategies from the captain, causing them to consistently lose their biggest battles. The general in this instance isn't doing anything wrong other than keeping a weak captain around.

Cite all the Dalton stats you wish. I'm aware of them. The point is that everyone (including 3 other QB's) have played poorly as well. This points to a coaching/schematic/game-planning issue. Not a player issue or an ownership issue (outside of ownership standing behind poor coaching).

I know you are misunderstanding me.

This is not your 1900-1990 NFL anymore.

We now live in the age of free agency with players and coaches.
It is up to the General to make it amiable for players and coaches.

The time for cheap ass owners is over whether you like it or not. 
Did you read the link I provided with TJ? I doubt it or you conveniently as a politician ignored it.
Let me bring it back to you. The culture of the Bengals sucked until Marvin changed it. You obviously want to go back to the era where players had to share jock straps and drink water from a water fountain.
I played Division III football in the 80's and we never shared jock straps or drank from a water fountain.
Cheap is cheap and you don't keep talent or lure talent with being cheap.
Mike hired a bunch of loser coaches who went along with his cheapness UNTIL Marvin came and changed the culture.

You also keep conveniently ignore that Mike Brown was  considered the worst owner in Sports. In 2009, Marvin was voted coach of the year.

Where is your disconnect that you don't see that Marvin is carrying Mike Brown???

Without Marvin, Mike Brown would have ran this franchise to the ground.

Thank goodness, he can't hold the team captive to the city of Cincy and move his team to LA anymore.

And how is that stadium deal fairing now? He is a cheap crook.      
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets give Marvin credit this season .... - BengalYankee - 10-24-2018, 04:04 PM